Sunday, December 28

It's Been a While

"Well, gosh, kind of a lot's happened since then."

For brownie points, name that movie in the comments, but name it with another famous quote from that movie so that subsequent readers can still play.

But seriously, Mindy and I went to Texas to celebrate Christmas, then we came back and went to Dad's to celebrate Christmas, then we had Christmas at her house, and now she is off in Wisconsin celebrating with her Dad. I have had a great time, and I'm so happy that we could are done traveling, but I'm missing Mindy very much.

There's a lot to say about while I was gone, but I think I have had a chance to talk to most of you about it who would care; so you'll have to forgive me for not going over it again here. One thing that is pertinent for this blog is that Mindy and I watched the entire third season of Dexter - the best show on television bar none. This past season starred Jimmy Smits who you would recognize from NYPD Blue fame. He was wonderful alongside Michael C. Hall, and this season was a return to glory that was season one (not as quite as great, but definitely on par).

Speaking of, I was wandering around the interwebs, exploring my somewhat closeted love for typography when I stumbled upon this article from fontfeed.com. I'm not so glib as to assume that most of you would have any interest in the direct subject matter of the article, which is accurate font replication, but the case study was of a fascinating marketing campaign by Showtime to promote Dexter. It seems that they parodied some of the most popular magazine covers, and they did a great job. I'm posting a few of my favorites here, but I insist that you visit the original source to see the full collection. Pay special attention to the dual storylines wittily presented by the headlines which mimic the tone of the show which make it so great.

In other news, I found a really awesome text-only poster while on that same typologically motivated tear. If you'd like to check out the other 29 read about it here at ilovetypography.com.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you could make it down here to enjoy some of this weather!!! Sorry to make you wait to watch Dexter!!! Although it was quite funny. I don't think I could have beaten that even if I had been trying!!! LOL.

    Chad

    ReplyDelete